Who I am


My name is Enrique Antonio Chaurand. Many who know me call me Antonio; that is typically what I go by. I was born in Alexandria, Virginia, but moved to Kansas City, Missouri when I was only six months old. From there until the age of nine, that's where I lived. I have a bunch of family that lives there, both on my mom and dad's side of the family. When I was nine years old, I moved to Maryland and have been here ever since. I have only my parents and my four younger siblings with me. Unfortunately, all of my family is back home in Kansas City. Besides that, however, I enjoy living in Maryland and have made a good life here. 

I'm currently a senior here at the Mount. I am a communications major with a concentration in journalism. I want to get into sports as a profession; I absolutely love sports. Whether its writing about it, talking, posting stuff about it on social media, I'd love to do any of those things in the sports world once I graduate this coming May. 

Aside from sports, I have many other interests. One thing that has been a huge part of my life is music. Back in Kansas City, my grandma runs a Mexican Baile Folklorico dance company called El Grupo Atotonilco. Much of my family danced in the group, including my dad, myself and one of my sisters. I always feel this great sense of pride whenever I dance, mainly because I am Mexican and I get to express my culture through dancing. 

Something else that ties me to music is that I played the trombone for about 10 years. I started in 4th grade and played all the way through high school and a little into college. I played in the marching band and jazz band all four years of high school; I loved it so much. Given that I started college and have been so busy with other things, I didn't have enough time to keep playing. I hope to get back into it soon, however, because I do miss it and it was something I truly enjoyed. 

One last thing I want to say about me that is key is family. Growing up, one thing that has been preached by my parents is the importance of family. It has been hard living in Maryland and not having any family here. That has been an adjustment I've had to make, but the role of family has helped mold into the person I am today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Reflection

Is the trombone making a comeback?

Dancing boots are back on