My SPARC Festival Experience

 This was my first ever SPARC Festival presentation. The topic Sophia (my partner) and I did was how gender was portrayed in Disney animated films and if it has changed over time. The overall conclusion we came to was that there has been some change in certain areas, but there was still much needed improvement for Disney on how gender is portrayed and certain groups being represented.

 Since this was a project for a class, Sophia and I had already done a large amount of research. We both did literature reviews and interview analyses. This research combined for roughly 25-27 pages worth of information. The topic itself was very interesting, so the work was enjoyable, and it made the project go a lot smoother. 

When it came to the actual presentation itself, it was not too difficult. I'll be honest, when I presented the information, it was my first time timing myself. I knew that I had to reach the 15-20 minute mark individually, so I just made sure I took my time to speak and explained all of the information that I had found. When I finished my part, I had talked for 18 minutes and 25 seconds. Perfect timing. 

All in all, it was a really cool experience. There were a decent number of students in attendance as well, which was around 18-19 of them. They all seemed very interested in the topic as well, which made me feel good. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Reflection

Is the trombone making a comeback?

Dancing boots are back on