Different versions of me, but still me

There are people who want others to see them in a certain light, when in reality they aren't exactly what they are made out to be. I am not one of those people. Honestly, what you see on my social media is what you get. I have never been one to look a certain way on social media but you get a completely different person in reality. Now, there are some exceptions to certain social media, like LinkedIn for example. 

LinkedIn is obviously where you have a lot of professionals looking at your profile. These professionals could be potential employers, so of course I want to look professional. 

Via Tenor Gifs

Although I am not my 100% true authentic self, this is still who I am. In professional settings, I am myself. I believe that everyone has different aspects of themselves that fit certain environments. I love to write, specifically about sports. Given that this is the case, I have articles I've written about sports on my LinkedIn page for people to see. Sports is a passion of mine, so this is a way I can express it in a professional manner. 

When it comes to social media like Instagram or Snapchat, I am a little less professional. I see those social medias as less professional and more fun. Don't get me wrong, I don't act like an idiot on those platforms, but I can act a little more laid back and funny. That is more of a side people who know me usually see, because that's just who I am. 

All in all, I think it's important to be  your authentic self in different ways. You don't need to show every aspect of who you are on one platform. Be your professional self on LinkedIn, be your silly and goofy self on Snapchat, be your artistic and creative self on Instagram, the options are limitless. That is how I approach social media, and I think that's how others should too. Of course, that's just my opinion. 


At the end of the day, do what you want with your social media. I am who I am, and I want people to see that what they see on social media is the real deal. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the trombone making a comeback?

Blog Reflection

Dancing boots are back on