Catch me on ESPN

 For the longest time, I thought I wanted to get into politics. This was mainly because both of my parents are very involved with politics. My dad worked in the Clinton administration and my mom worked in the Obama administration on both of their second terms. I realized, however, that was not the line of work that made me happy, nor could I see myself doing it long term.

Something that always made me happy to watch and talk about was sports, and it clicked.... I wanted to get into sports. I didn't know exactly what I wanted to do in sports, but I knew that I wanted to be in that relm. 

As I got older, I knew that writing became my strong suit. Once I got to the Mount and began writing for the newspaper, I realized that I wanted to do this. I also love watching sports shows and debates; they are really entertaining. I could see myself being on those shows one day. 


To add onto this, I know that I'm more knowledgeable about the NBA and NFL. Those are the two sports I know the most and can definitely talk about. 

I am flexible with doing anything in the sports world. I can write, do social media, radio, have conversations/debates. Regardless, I want to be in the loop with all of that stuff. I think that puts me at an advantage too because I like to think I'm well versed. Hopefully one day I'll be on one of the major sports networks like ESPN, FS1, TNT, etc. 

When it comes to the social media aspect of this line of work, I see it growing more and more. There is so much social media involvement already, so I see it growing even more. I mean, that's where I find a majority of my sports news. I think with this being the case, it'll create more jobs for those who want to get into not just sports, but social media as well. This would be a great opportunity for so many who want a chance to get into this line of work. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Reflection

Is the trombone making a comeback?

Dancing boots are back on