Midterm Reflection

 I'd say that the most interesting concept we've talked about up to this point is cancel culture. This was something that I was already familiar with, but I like how we've taken more of a deep dive and see other's experiences from it. With all of the different articles and personal stories we've gone over, whether it was about Justine Sacco or the Chick-Fil-A executive, it's clear that there are pros and cons to our so-called "cancel culture". It makes me look at the whole concept in a different way and I'll be honest, it makes me not take it as seriously. That's unfortunate because it should be taken seriously, but we have abused it so much to the point where it is used for things that aren't necessary in my opinion. 

This next part won't be something I feel is boring, but I'll take the approach of knowing a good amount about it already. The next concept I'll talk about is the whole idea of social movements online. I did learn more about this concept, but I already had a good idea of what it was about. From what I've experienced, I knew that online social movements became more trendy, which takes away from the seriousness of the issue. Social media is a blessing and a curse, because there is so much potential with it, but it can also be toxic.


There are many ways I can apply this to the real world. We've seen how social media can be toxic when used in a certain way. I feel that seeing the mistakes and the misuses of any social media platform helps me know what and what not to do. With how the world is going now and trending towards, it is important to be more conscious of what is posted so that we can avoid any issues.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the trombone making a comeback?

Blog Reflection

Dancing boots are back on